Actor Sofiane Bennacer indicted for rape and violence against former companions


Actor Sofiane Bennacer, during the 75th edition of the Cannes Film Festival, May 23, 2022.

The actor is the revelation of Valeria Bruni Tedeschi’s latest film, The Almond Trees, released in November. Sofiane Bennacer, 25, was indicted in October in Mulhouse (Haut-Rhin) for the alleged rapes of two former companions and violence against a third, we learned, Tuesday, November 22, from the prosecutor of the Republic Edwige Roux-Morizot. The actor “dispute everything”said the magistrate, confirming information from the newspaper The Parisian.

As part of a fourth complaint filed by another ex-companion who denounced acts of rape, he was placed under the more favorable status of assisted witness, said the prosecutor of Mulhouse, where the case is being investigated. The actor was placed under judicial supervision, continued Mme Roux-Morizot, specifying that his prosecution had initially requested his placement in pre-trial detention.

His judicial control prohibits him from going to the Paris region, to Strasbourg as well as to Mulhouse. According to the magistrate, he is also prohibited from meeting the complainants and witnesses, including Ms.me Bruni Tedeschi, heard as a witness in the case. According The Parisianshe would be the partner of the actor.

Read also: Article reserved for our subscribers Cannes 2022: “Les Amandiers”, Valeria Bruni Tedeschi in her emotional theater

“An affair under the influence”

The facts alleged occurred “between 2018 and 2019” in Mulhouse, Strasbourg and Paris, and the presumed victims evolve “in the theater world”detailed Mme Roux Morizot. According The Parisianhe would thus have known one of his accusers at the theater school La Filature, in Mulhouse, where “the couple would have formed”. The alleged victims “describe an affair under the influence, during which non-consensual relations would have taken place”also says the daily.

The National Theater of Strasbourg (TNS), where Sofiane Bennacer had been admitted to school in 2019, had seized the Ministry of Culture of the facts “of gender-based, sexual violence and harassment of which she had been informed”, according to the newspaper. The ministry then made a report to the courts, said Ms.me Roux-Morizot, without specifying the date.

Benjamin Morel, administrator of the TNS, specified on Wednesday to Agence France-Presse that “It was Sofiane Bennacer who made the decision to resign on February 19, 2021, after the allegations were made against him”.

Read also: Article reserved for our subscribers Cannes 2022: Valeria Bruni Tedeschi and the Amandiers years, a blessed era of theater

Sofiane Bennacer is one of the sixteen actors (and sixteen actresses) selected in mid-November as “emerging talent” by the revelations committee of the Académie des Césars. This list is transmitted ” for your information “ to the members of the academy as part of their vote for the César 2023 for the best female hope and the best male hope.

“I’m not going to leave for false testimony. The person filing the complaint harassed me two years after our relationship to get back together”reacted Sofiane Bennacer on Tuesday in a long message posted on his account instagram. “I may be boycotted by the cinema. Either way, I got humiliated to the core of my soul. This is why I decide to continue to compete for the Césars. »

The World with AFP





Source link