Information not to be missed
The incident is taken seriously by health authorities. Ten people who had frequented the same wine bar were hospitalized in Bordeaux (Gironde) and the Paris region for probable cases of botulism. One of them died Tuesday evening. It is a rare but potentially fatal neurological disease caused by food poisoning.
“The suspected foods are at this stage canned sardines made at home by the restaurateur,” indicated the prefecture of Nouvelle-Aquitaine and the Regional Health Agency. While a manufacturing defect in canned sardines was detected, here is what we know about the investigation.
What to also remember
- The National Frequency Agency notified Apple on Tuesday to withdraw its iPhone 12 from sale because it would emit too powerful waves. Speaking to Le Parisien, the Minister of Digital Transition said he ready to order the recall of smartphones concerned in circulation.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un traveled to Russia this Wednesday where he met Vladimir Putin. He told his Russian counterpart and ally that he would achieve “a great victory against his enemies”.
- “ When the house collapsed, I received a big stone and I couldn’t move anymore. Inside the Taroudant provincial hospital in Morocco, residents injured in the earthquake tell our reporters about their physical and psychological wounds.
It concerns you
A little moment of joy for the children after school, snack time has become the headache of many parents. Faced with countless processed products, too fatty and too sweet in supermarkets, they no longer know what to give their children. While a Foodwatch study pinpoints nearly 90% of the 228 children’s foods tested, we help you see more clearly.