Kılıçdaroğlu: Instead of discussing with us, let them solve the tent and container problem
CHP Chairman Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu stated that they tried to stay out of the vicious politics as much as possible in the earthquake disaster and said, “If there is still a tent and container problem in the earthquake region, they should solve them quickly instead of discussing them with us. The vicious discussion has never brought us any benefit.”
CHP Chairman Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu visited the citizens affected by the earthquake in the Nurhak district of Kahramanmaraş. Kılıçdaroğlu then moved on to the district of Elbistan. It was seen that Kılıçdaroğlu, who visited the tent city established by the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality, wore a Turkish flag badge instead of the party badge.
Making statements here, Kılıçdaroğlu said:
* I would like to thank Mansur in the person of my president. You put a lot of effort into it. You worked in difficult conditions, we are aware of that. We already know that too. Therefore, from now on, you will carry out your duties with love and respect.
* Mr. President Mansur Yavaş is making every effort with his friends. We do not say ‘needs are over, there is no need’, but first there is a need for tents, then containers, then life goes on. Regarding the needs, Mr. Yavaş will do his best.
* On this occasion, I wish God’s mercy on those who lost their lives and a speedy recovery to the injured. Wherever we are in the geography of Turkey, if we are experiencing pain, we run to the people who are suffering together. So we are trying to heal the wounds.
* I want you to be sure that; All my mayor friends are trying their best, not only in Elbistan and Kahramanmaraş, but also in rural villages wherever there is an earthquake. Elbistan is also a very valuable region. It is a developing and growing region. I hope the wounds heal here soon.
Answering a question about the desire for Elbistan to be a province, Kılıçdaroğlu said, “I know this expectation. They expressed this expectation to us in different environments. Of course, we will look at the conditions. I don’t have a tradition of making quick promises. Of course, if the conditions of Elbistan are suitable, it would be good to be a province. I hope there will be a governor here and you will see that governor,” he said.
I COME ON THE SECOND DAY OF THE EARTHQUAKE
Noting that they are out of the vicious discussions, Kılıçdaroğlu said:
* These are not services? This is service. Let them leave them. Let’s do it together who can handle what and solve any problem. Not necessarily ‘you are not doing anything’ We do, friends. Here is our mayor. We travel, we watch. We also see with our eyes. Our condolences. We share the pain. We try to stay out of the vicious politics as much as possible.
* There is no ‘They are trying to imprison us here’, sir, there is no such thing. Can each of us be a person who does not feel the pain experienced during the earthquake here? There is no such thing. It will be under a dent here and you will say ‘I am not doing anything’ there. No, sir. Mansur President is the first to come here. Go, look, ask friends. On the second day of the earthquake, when no general president came here, I came. I saw the wounds, the pain, the crying, the children. How could they get into such a vicious discussion?
* We have no business in these discussions. We want to heal the wounds of the citizens. We want citizens to live in peace in their own neighborhood. This is our greatest desire.
* I don’t know if they will do something or not, but we will do everything we can. If there is still a tent and container problem in the earthquake area, they should solve them quickly instead of discussing them with us.
* The vicious discussion has never brought us any benefit. We will resolve these issues outside of vicious discussions. We want to be a happy and smiling country again. This is our biggest wish,” he said. Kılıçdaroğlu answered the question about spending the night in a tent city: “If you want to share a pain, you have to live under the same conditions as those who experience it, at least for a certain period of time.” (DHA)