Regarding the upcoming local elections, CHP Spokesperson Faik Öztrak said, “We are going to the local elections renewed and strengthened. Our nation will make the best decision here in local elections. You can’t go any further with these. “We aim to win all metropolitan municipalities in this election,” he said.
CHP Deputy Chairman and Spokesperson Faik Öztrak shared his party’s MYK agenda with the public.
“WHAT HAS STARTED TO BE CONSTRUCTED IS NOT EVEN HALF OF WHAT HAS BEEN DEMOLISHED”
Emphasizing that the 2023-2024 academic year started with many problems waiting to be solved, especially in the earthquake zone, from the physical condition of the schools, from the accommodation of the teachers to the asbestos in the environment, Öztrak said, “There is no proper preparation for the new term in the schools. Seven months have ped, we are still talking about the water problem in the earthquake zone. The government is not there. There are serious housing problems in the region. But the palace is not looking to solve the problem, but to distribute tenders. TOKİ’s website contains information about the tender for 108 thousand houses, the total amount of which reaches 203 billion liras. According to the information reflected in the press, the construction of 200 thousand houses has started. On the other hand, in the Earthquake Report of the Strategy and Budget Department, it is stated that the number of ‘immediately demolished, demolished or severely damaged’ houses in the region is 518 thousand. “In other words, what was started to be built is not even half of what was demolished,” he said.
“THERE IS A NEED FOR TEACHERS IN MANY FIELDS”
On the other hand, in the new academic year, families all over the country are brooding over both the education system turning into a jigsaw puzzle and the ever-increasing costs,” Öztrak continued, adding: is faced with tyranny. Our children, who are both affected by the disaster and exposed to peer bullying, need guidance teachers and psychological counselors. Our guidance counselors expect the government to keep its promise of ‘one guidance teacher for every school with 100 students’. There is a need for teachers in many fields, not just guidance counselors,” he said.
“CHILDREN GO TO SCHOOL HUNGRY IN THIS COUNTRY”
Saying that starting a student to school because of the high cost of Hatay, Öztrak said, “The cost of his clothes, sweatpants, shoes, stationery… The cost reaches 5 thousand liras. This one still has service… This one still has food and drinks. World food prices peaked at the beginning of the Ukrainian-Russian War. It has decreased 24% since then. In our case, it increased by 110 percent in the same period. Due to the incompetence of the palace administration, food prices in our country have been increasing uninterruptedly for 36 months. “While efulis are sipped in the Palace, which does not spare its reputation, children in this country go to school hungry,” he said.
“FREE MEAL DOES NOT REACH EVEN 1 IN 10 STUDENTS”
Underlining that the prices in school canteens are also very expensive, Öztrak said, “The school nutrition programs and action plans to combat obesity have names. The food, which should be provided to our children free of charge by the state, does not reach even one out of every 10 students. Children are returning from school hungry, too,” he said.
“OUR UNEMPLOYED NUMBER IS MORE THAN THE POPULATION OF 97 COUNTRIES”
Referring to the unemployment figures announced by TÜİK, Öztrak said:
* “According to the July unemployment data released today, our real number of unemployed remains at the level of 8 million 742 thousand people, even though it seems to have decreased slightly. This is more than the population of 97 countries in the world. In the country, we are not only talking about poverty, but now we are talking about hunger. The unemployed are hungry, but the worker is also hungry. Most of the workers are trained to a minimum wage that falls below the hunger line or around it.
“Şimşek Blamed it on PALACE POLITICS”
* In the previous election, AK Party Chairman Erdoğan, who said, ‘Interest is the reason, inflation is the result’, turned all the balances upside down. Then it evaporated $199 billion through the back door of the Federal Reserve, just to make things look good. He squandered it. Minister Şimşek openly admitted this today. He said that leaving the exchange rate held before the election as one of the reasons for the increase in inflation increased inflation. He blamed the Palace policies before him.
“MB CASE IS COMPLETE”
* Due to the government’s policies, the Central Bank’s coffers are full as of today. The net foreign exchange reserve balance is $67 billion negative. Not only the Central Bank’s vault, but also the Treasury’s vault is running record deficits. The budget, which gave a surplus of 30 billion liras in the first 7 months last year, gave a deficit of 435 billion liras in the same period of this year. Although the government says earthquake expenditures, the most important part of this deficit is due to the government pressing all the buttons to win elections.
* As a matter of fact, the Minister of Treasury and Finance admits this as well. In the program he attended today, while answering the question about the increase in inflation, he first complained about the earthquake expenditures, then the effect of the increase in wages, and then ‘they need to make up for some of the decisions taken before the election’. He explained that he hopes to collect more taxes and more privatization as a solution. So far, they have sold and consumed 63 billion dollars of property inherited from the nation’s ancestors. They filled the remaining balance into the Wealth Fund and used it as collateral for the debt. What else will you sell?
* The first thing to say about the Medium Term Program is: This program; That it is a program that ‘mixes unpretentiousness with realism’. According to the program, the target of 2 trillion dollars national income and 25 thousand dollars per capita income in 2023, promised to the nation 12 years ago and written in the development plan of the state, cannot be reached in the next three years.
“LOTS OF WISHES BUT NO POLITICS”
* Turkey cannot even come close to its target of ‘being among the top 10 economies’. It continues to remain in the top five in the world inflation rankings until 2026. This is not called ‘realism’, but an admission of bankruptcy. On the other hand, there are many numbers, wishes and wishes in the MTP, but there is no proper time-based measure and policy bundle on how to reach them. It has identified seven priority reform areas. However, for some reason, ‘ensuring the rule of law’ and ‘independence of the judiciary’ are not included in these reform areas.
“OUR RENEWAL PROCESS CONTINUES FAST”
* We believe that all discussions held in accordance with ethical principles will strengthen our struggle. Our renewal process continues rapidly. Our district and provincial congresses are completing quickly. After these are completed, we will crown this process with our congress. We support this renewal process by renewing documents related to the functioning of our party, from our statute to our program. We are going to local elections renewed and stronger.
“IT CANNOT GO ANY MORE WITH THESE”
* Our nation will make the best decision here in local elections. You can’t go any further with these. We say; A municipality that uses its resources for its citizens, not its supporters, and a modern local government is the right of every citizen. We aim to win all metropolitan municipalities in this election. “We are reviewing what we have done and what we will do to achieve this in our MYK.”
You may be interestedEU does not recognize the legal framework of elections in KarabakhYou may be interestedUN’s reaction to Russia: Elections have no legal basis