Özlale: The whole purpose of power is to manage desperation and poverty
IYI Party Deputy Chairman Ümit Özlale said, “We can no longer compete with this world with the great lack of foresight and ignorance we have, by shutting ourselves down and assuming that the world consists of ourselves. This government was against independent thought, creativity and merit. Because the whole purpose of this government was to manage desperation and poverty,” he said.
Speaking at the Second Century Economics Congress in Izmir, IYI Party Deputy Chairman Ümit Özlale stated that the migration of educated people should be prevented, and noted that tens of thousands of people choose to live abroad.
‘THE POWER MAKING IT LIKE IT’S HEAD TO THE WEST’
Özlale, who argues that the government pretends to defy the West, but contributes to the global power imbalance; continued his words as follows;
*In the last 10 years, tens of thousands of educated people raised by the Republic of Turkey with a lot of effort had to leave the country due to political instability, lawlessness, injustice and economic uncertainty.
*Tens of thousands of our educated people have migrated to western countries in search of better economic opportunities, breathing, working conditions or quality of life.
*The government that said ‘Let them go if they are going’, once again gifted the developed human resource, which is the most difficult to grow with the resources of this country, to the economic miracle that other countries will create.
* Here is this power that pretends to defy the West, knowingly or unknowingly; because unfortunately they also do many things because they don’t know any better, what they did was contribute to a global power imbalance.
* This power, which lives as if it is defying the West, has made the economic and technological dominance of the West possible in this century, as it has done nothing to stop the great migration of qualified labor and has made it no longer a place to live for doctors, engineers and teachers.
“ALL PURPOSE IS TO MANAGE DEFECTIVENESS”
Expressing that they have to foresee and manage the change in the world, Özlale continued as follows:
* This government was against independent thought, creativity and merit. Because the whole purpose of this government was to manage desperation and poverty.
*The independent spirit, which organized the economics congress 100 years ago, became aware of this mentality that will take Turkey back 100 years ago.
*Look, that’s why it was written in the 7th article of the first session: Every Turk grows up to earn a living everywhere, but first of all, he is the property of his country.
* We can no longer compete with this world with the great lack of foresight and ignorance we have, by shutting ourselves down and assuming the world consists of ourselves.
We have to foresee the change in the world and manage it.
“EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OF THE REPUBLIC”
* This mentality, which feels the main responsibility to the market, not to its citizens, will not, cannot, or will not keep them alive…
* We should not use the destroyed cities for a return to the past where inequality and rent determine life, but to build livable cities that are prepared for epidemics and disasters, which is the main problem of the 21st century.
* Look, if we are going to choose between the son of a captain from Rize and a family with 7 children from Dersim in the presidential elections today, it is thanks to the equality of opportunity offered to us by the republic.
* If I was born in a village in Izmit today and work as a deputy of a woman who is a lecturer at a university and is the Ministry of Interior, it is thanks to the equality of opportunity offered to us by the republic.
* The most basic public tool we have in order to establish equality of opportunity and social mobility is education. Ensuring that all children have access to a quality education, regardless of the economic status of the family they were born into, should be our most basic rule in the fight against poverty and in development.
* We have to revise completely collapsed educational institutions and raise individuals who can stand on their feet.