The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs will summon the head of the Russian diplomatic mission in connection with the discovery of fragments of drones similar to those used by the Russian army. This is stated in a message from the ministry.
The Foreign Ministry expressed a “strong protest” against the violation of Romanian airspace.
“The Foreign Office has kept NATO allies informed and is consulting with them on developments on the border between Romania and Ukraine, including today’s incident. Also, the Foreign Ministry will urgently call the head of the Russian diplomatic mission,” the Romanian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Earlier on September 13, the Romanian Ministry of Defense reported that fragments from drones were found in an area of several tens of meters in Tulcea County, near the cities of Nuferul and Victoria. A specialized team from the Romanian Air Force will conduct a preliminary investigation and technical examination of the wreckage.
On September 6, the Romanian Ministry of Defense announced the discovery of drone debris. On September 9, the military found new fragments of a drone in the area of Plauru, bordering Ukraine, in Tulcea County, which were said to be similar to those used by the Russian army.
In connection with the incident, the charge d’affaires of the Russian Emby in Bucharest was summoned to the Romanian Foreign Ministry, where a protest was expressed to him. At the same time, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg previously said that the alliance has no information indicating a deliberate attack by Russia.