simple fine for Rennes after phobic chants

By Le Figaro with AFP

Published ,

Roazhon Park sang phobic chants during Rennes-Nantes on October 1. LOIC VENANCE / AFP

Stade Rennes was fined 70,000 euros by the disciplinary committee after the phobic chants sung by supporters during the match against Nantes (3-1) on October 1.

Stade Rennais received a fine of 70,000 euros from the disciplinary committee of the Professional Football League meeting on Wednesday in Paris, after the phobic chants sung by Breton supporters on October 1 during the championship match against Nantes (3-1).

In its press release, the League justifies its sanction by “behavior of Stade Rennes supporters: use of pyrotechnic devices and oral expressions observed“.

In the 21st minute of the match counting for the 7th day of L1, ultras from the Roazhon Celtic Kop resumed phobic chants targeting the people of Nantes in general, and Matthis Abline, former Rennes player loaned this summer, in particular.

A fine of 80,000 euros was imposed on AC Ajaccio (L2) for the same reasons, plus “throwing objects», as well as the closure for a suspended match of the Faedda stand at the François-Coty stadium, following the incidents in the match against Bastia on October 2 (2-0).

The fireer case under investigation

Concerning the fireer throwing affair launched during the Montpellier-Clermont meeting, the LFP decided to put the file under investigation

Given the seriousness of the facts, the LFP Disciplinary Commission decides to put the case under investigation. The decision will be made at the end of the session on Wednesday October 25, at 6 p.m., during which the instructor will submit his report», Specifies the League.

Read alsoLigue 1: “shocked” after the fireer received in Montpellier, the Clermont goalkeeper ures that he is fine

The match between Montpellier and Clermont, counting for the 8th day of Ligue 1, was definitively stopped on October 8 after a fireer which exploded very close to Clermont goalkeeper Mory Diaw. Montpellier then led 4-2 and there were five minutes of added time remaining.

A man suspected of having thrown the fireer and another who allegedly supplied the projectile were placed under judicial control, the Montpellier prosecutor’s office said on Wednesday.

Source link

Leave a Reply