KESK, TMMOB, TTB and TDB made a joint statement regarding the Presidential second round election to be held on 28 May.
Confederation of Public Employees Unions (KESK), Union of Chambers of Turkish Engineers and Architects (TMMOB), Turkish Medical ociation (TTB) and Turkish Dental ociation (TDB) made a joint statement regarding the presidential runoff election.
“WE ARE CALLING EVERYONE TO THE BOOTS TO GET OUT OF THIS POWER”
The statement said, “We call on everyone to vote in the elections on May 28 and to protect the votes in our ballot boxes, in order to get rid of this power that imposes hunger and ill health on the society while enriching a handful of people.”
“WE ARE LIVING AN ANTI-DEOCRATIC PROCESS”
“We are living in an anti-democratic process where the pre-election conditions are not fair and the opposition is tried to be suppressed by using public resources and power on the side of the government.” “Our wages and purchasing power have been reduced by the inaccurate inflation figures published by TUIK for twenty years. The government continues its policies in favor of the capital by deepening the exploitation of the workers and making them as precarious as possible, and condemns those who have impoverished them to hunger.” statements were included.
In the statement, the following call was made to the voters:
* To get rid of this power that imposes hunger and ill health on the society while enriching a handful of people,
* For the future where women are free, not made an object of violence, and are not claimed and killed,
* For the days when our young people did not surrender to sects and congregations because they could not find a home, and did not remain without a future,
* In order not to destroy nature and our future,
* In order not to loot our surface and underground resources,
* In order not to lose hundreds of thousands of our people in epidemics and earthquakes,
* In order for the education of our children and young people to reach a scientific quality in accordance with the requirements of the age,
* For free, autonomous and science producing universities,
* For the good days when the democratic will of our citizens is respected,
* To put an end to the oppressive policies created on the press,
* For tomorrows without human rights violations,
* For tomorrows where safe and secure working environments are provided and bad working conditions are corrected,
* To reduce unemployment and to put an end to discrimination in appointment and recruitment,
We call on everyone to cast our votes in the elections on May 28 and to protect the votes in our ballot boxes.”