By Le Figaro with AFP
Rapper Ali B, former member of the jury and Jeroen Rietbergen, conductor of the show are both implicated.
The Dutch public prosecutor’s office said on Tuesday that charges would be brought against two people accused of ault as part of the TV show “The Voice of Holland», whose format has been exported to more than 150 countries.
The prosecution did not mention names but according to local media, they are rapper Ali B, 42, former member of the jury of the famous Dutch TV show, and Jeroen Rietbergen, 51, chef orchestra of the show.
Shock for the country
The original version of the program, in which coaches on swivel chairs choose candidates after listening to them sing “blindly“, was suspended last year by the RTL channel after a series of allegations of ault.
Read also, ault, delinquency… In the workings of the immediate appearance
The Crown said in a statement Tuesday that a 41-year-old man was being prosecuted for ly aulting three women in 2014 and 2018. Only one of those cases relates to the show “The Voice of Holland“, said the prosecution. Another man, 51, is indicted for a ault in 2018 “in or around the recording studios where the talent show was recorded“, he added. A third case, involving another man, identified by the media as the singer and member of the jury of “The Voice“Marco Borsato, was dismissed for lack of sufficient evidence, continued the prosecution.
Allegations of abuse atThe Voiceshocked Holland and raised questions about how program creator and reality TV king John de Mol followed up on the revelations. He admitted last year to having been aware of the allegations against the show’s bandleader since 2019.
SEE ALSO – Rapper Moha la Squale indicted for when he is already suspected of ault