unions file strike notice starting December 5


By Le Figaro with AFP

Published ,
Update

This strike notice runs until December 31. Coust Laurent / Coust Laurent/ABACA

The union organizations say they are “worried” about the future of the group, which is in great financial difficulty and which could sell new supermarkets and hypermarkets.

The five trade union organizations of Casino, “worried» of the future of the group in great financial difficulty and who could sell new supermarkets and hypermarkets, announced to AFP on Friday the filing with management of a strike notice from December 5. This strike notice, which runs until December 31, “concerns all employees and managers of the Casino group and is caused by the lack of consideration towards them and the worrying situation regarding the future of the integrity of Casino», declared in a joint press release these five organizations (FO, CGT, CFDT, UNSA, CFE-CGC) united as an inter-union organization.

Employees, supervisors, executives and managers demand a response from current management and members of the consortium (buyers of their group, Editor’s note) to the request for a meeting with their union representatives», added the five unions. This meeting had been requested on Wednesday by the inter-union, which had warned that in the absence of a response it would draw “the results“.

Fear of a “dismemberment of the group”

The unions fear “a carving up of the group» since Casino said it was ready to study “marks of interest» of competitors for the takeover of hypermarkets and supermarkets which have not yet been sold by the distributor in a perilous economic situation. Several major retail brands confirmed Thursday evening having submitted offersincluding a joint venture from Auchan and the Les Mousquetaires/Intermarché group.

Intermarché already agreed with Casino a few months ago for the purchase of 119 stores, plus around sixty as an option. Around sixty changed brands at the beginning of October. Casino, for its part, said “having received to date indicative preliminary offers from several buyers, covering different areas of hypermarkets and supermarkets“. But the group refused to give more details on these offers “under review“. He added that “any transfer transaction must be approved in advance by the consortium» candidate for the takeover of Casino around the Czech billionaire Daniel Kretinsky and the Frenchman Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière.

” data-script=”https://static.lefigaro.fr/widget-video/short-ttl/video/index.js” >



Source link

Leave a Reply